517.853.8951 JOE GONZALEZ, DPM 989.224.4880
Learn more about various foot conditions here..
(Os Tibiale Externum)
Stiff Big Toe
Child Heel Pain
Pain in Back of Heel
Pain in Ball of Foot
Skin & Forefoot Problems
Rearfoot & Ankle Problems
Other Useful Information
1. Seventy-five percent of Americans will experience foot health problems of varying degrees of severity at one time or another in their lives.
2. The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles and tendons.
3. The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Those cover several miles, and they all add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime -- more than four times the circumference of the globe.
4. Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It also contributes to your general health by improving circulation, contributing to weight control. and promoting all-around well being.
5. Shopping for shoes is best done in the afternoon. Your feet tend to swell a little during the day, and it's best to buy shoes to fit them then. Have your feet measured everytime you purchase shoes, and do it while you're standing.
6. When you try on shoes, try them on both feet; many people have one foot larger than the other, and it's best to fit the larger one.
Legal statement: The information provided in this website is not intended to be a substitute for medical attention, diagnosis or treatment. The material is provided for informational purposes alone. Visitors should not exclusively rely on answers provided in this website. Capital Foot & Ankle Centers, PC makes no claims, expressed or implied as to the accuracy and timeliness of any advice, services, or other information referenced in the website. Furthermore, Capital Foot & Ankle Centers, PC is not obligated to follow-up or contact visitors to this site, nor is it liable in any manner for the decisions of visitors whose actions are based on information found in this website.
Dr. Gonzalez is one of the best. He has obvious care for his patients, excellent skills and is a nice guy as well.
Staff has been cooperative and courteous 100% of time. -G.H.
I love coming to see Dr. Gonzalez. He is so pleasant and concerning, and the office staff are always nice. -P.C.
I adore Dr. Gonzalez. I have been his patient for about 10 years. I completely trust him with my foot & ankle care. My only regret is that he isn't a GP...i would love to entrust my total health care to him -P.B.
Dr. G and his staff are very friendly and kind to me. They are flexible and worked with my schedule. Also, they are very helpful. Dr. G is great with his bunion surgery. I'd give Dr. G's office a thumbs-up! Thank you Dr. G and Staff. -T.W.
Joe really knows what he is doing. I was facing losing my foot (and more) with an infection. He got it under control and I only lost a toe. He taught me a better way to handle my care for my diabetic body of 49 years. -D.W.
The staff are courteous and professional. Dr. Gonzalez did a great job on the surgery! -C.M.
Directions to Okemos office were easy to follow from our 50-mile-away location. Staff welcoming, caring and polite. Dr. Gonzalez was professional, genuinely interested in my particular needs for my foot and still kept a smile on his face.
Stayed on schedule. - J.M.
AWESOME! Awesome doctor - awesome office - awesome staff
Okemos . Grand Ledge . St. Johns
Copyright © Capital Foot & Ankle Centers 2013.